mustang on demand
Mustang Express is now mustang on demand
When your USC/LTC Bus Pass stops at night, the mustang on demand picks right back up so you can safely get home from campus or the downtown area. All full-time and part-time undergraduate students are eligible to use the mod app to pre-book pick-up and drop-off locations, provided they have their valid UWO Student ID on them.
This service replaces the fixed-route Mustang Express with a more convenient and flexible option for Western students.
Now you can use our app to request pick-up/drop-off, no more than a few minutes from your front door. Service runs during the academic year every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights, starting at 12:00 a.m. until 3 a.m.
Thanks Mustangs for a great launch of this new service! We will resume operation in September.
Download the “mod” App:
- The only way to get a ride is through the app!
- You can download it here for iOS and here for Android.
Create an Account:
- Use your @uwo.ca address and cell number to validate access.
Book Your mod:
- You select the nearest pick-up and drop-off locations.
- mod uses white Dodge Caravans.
- All mod vehicles display the mod logo.
- Vehicle license plate is provided in the booking.
Track Your mod:
- View arrival times.
Get System Announcements:
- Receive the most up-to-date information about mod.
- Enjoy the Free Ride!
- Students are only be permitted to board the van within the designated mustang on demand service area.
- Please have a valid University student identification card ready to show to the van driver before entering van. (No one will be allowed to board van without a valid University of Western Ontario Student ID Card or valid temporary pass, no exceptions)
- Please wait for van to come to a full stop and doors to open before approaching van.
- Please allow students leaving van to exit first. (This allows the driver to determine the amount of seating available.)
- Only one person per seat is allowed in the vans.
- Seatbelts must be worn in the van.
- Once the van has reached its destination, please remain stationary until the van comes to a complete stop.
- Please ensure that all items are stored out of the aisles.
- No eating or drinking is allowed in vans. Food or drink must be in a closed container and must remain closed while in the vans.
- Weapons of any type are prohibited in the van.
- Smoking is prohibited in vans.
- Please be courteous to the drivers and other passengers and keep your voice levels within a normal speaking range.
- Due to the limited amount of seating for University students and insurance liability issues, no children or non-university students or personnel are allowed to ride on the van bus unless in possession of a valid temporary pass.
- Animals other than those accompanying visually impaired students are prohibited in the vans.
- Threats made against anyone in the van, harassment of anyone in the van, and/or refusal to exit van is prohibited and will be reported to appropriate authorities.