Income Tax Clinic
The Income Tax Executive Committee is responsible for the logistics, promotion, management, and volunteer training of the annual USC Income Tax Clinic and campus-wide financial literacy initiatives.
Volunteers Director (4)
- Works with the Income Tax Coordinator to recruit and train Student Tax Analysts.
- Acts as an advisor and trouble-shooter for the Clinic by addressing any volunteer and client concerns, tax-related questions, EFILE software issues/setup, and supervision of the Student Tax Analysts.
- Designs training materials, leads financial literacy and training sessions virtually and in-person, and contacts faculty professors for assistance.
- Works to create a central online resource portal for student tax advice.
*Experience in personal income tax is preferred (has previously volunteered as an Analyst, studying Tax/Accounting, proficient with Canadian taxation system, etc.).
Logistics Director (4)
- Manages the backend planning of the Clinic, which includes room booking, catering, equipment rental, Clinic scheduling and more.
- Works with the Income Tax Coordinator to recruit and train Logistics volunteers.
- Acts as a liaison between the volunteers, clients, and the Clinic.
- Plans financial literacy events throughout the year.
- Schedules volunteer shifts during the Clinic as well as client appointment bookings.
Promotions and Sponsorships Director (3)
- Works with USC Promotions to heavily advertise Clinic and initiatives through our Facebook page (and other applicable channels).
- Creates graphics/posters, must be proficient in Graphic Design.
- Directs the marketing vision for the portfolio.
- Revises sponsorship package and distributes them to various organizations to form lasting corporate partnerships.
- Reaches out to on-campus clubs for cross-promotions.
- Manages all external relations with partner clubs, associations, affiliate colleges and faculties.
- Develops sponsorship goals and ensures it satisfies the USC budget.
*If you are applying for this position, please send examples of your Graphic Design work to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd1701rU4cg9LbRlA5Z0sIH4ToT58xELLVAjuIIYltKL8PWhQ/viewform?usp=sf_link
If you have any questions about the position, please contact Cathy Zhang, the Income Tax Coordinator at email@example.com
Applications due: Sunday, October 9th at 11:59pm EST
Only successful candidates will be contacted for a virtual interview.
In terms of other volunteer opportunities, we will be hiring Sr. and Jr. Tax Analysts starting in November.
Social media accounts: Instagram (@USCIncomeTax), Facebook (USC Income Tax), and email (firstname.lastname@example.org)