Our executive team is proud to present the USC’s 2020-21 Executive Roadmap, an overview of our priorities for this academic year.
This PDF contains all of the current by-laws, policies, and procedures of the University Students’ Council. Updated July 13, 2022
Please note: we’re working to update our governance policies, we appreciate your patience!
Supplemental documents and reports are included in the categories listed below, with a brief description of the category’s contents.
Policies and procedures relating to the communications strategies of the USC. Example: Social Media Usage Policy.
- A guideline to creating a cohesive brand and vision for the USC through regulation of the USC’s visual identity. Contains regulations for the display of the USC logo and how to present the USC’s brand on stationary, Power Point presentations, and business cards.
- Best practices in social media when representing the USC.
- A review of the USC’s membership in the Ontario Undergraduate Student Alliance from the Council year 2009/10.
- A review of the USC’s membership in the Canadian Alliance of Student Associations from the Council year 2012/13.
- A review of the USC’s membership in the Ontario Undergraduate Student Alliance from the Council year 2013/14.
Documents and policies relating to Grant Applications, the Grants Committee and the Grants Fee.
- This is the Grant Application that will be the foundation throughout the 2015/2016 academic term. The Grants Committee may make revisions where they feel as though the application is not targeting the necessary information.
- This document helps provide guidance to the application process and contains criteria that is used in the adjudication process of the Grants Committee.
Policies and procedures relating to the creation and amendment of the USC’s Long-Term Strategic Plan and previous iterations of the Strategic Plan.
- Outlining our Vision, values and areas of focus.
- A reference document for the Corporation to provide strategic direction for all facets of the Corporation.
- A guide to the execution of the previous strategic plan, A Vision to Lead. Specifies areas of action that should be undertaken to meet the expectations of the strategic plan and identifies the individuals responsible for carrying them out.
A Vision to Lead (2009)
- A previous strategic plan of the USC. Superseded by the 2012 Strategic Plan.
- A previous strategic plan of the USC. Superseded by A Vision to Lead. See attached Executive Summary for an introduction to the plan.
From Gauntlet to Stairway (2002)
- A previous strategic plan of the USC. Superseded by Built to Lead.
The Orientation program behaviour management system functions under a complaints-driven model. Any person may file a complaint against, or raise an issue involving, an orientation leader, Soph, or Soph team, where it is perceived that the individual(s) or group(s) acted in a manner not in compliance with the Orientation Leader Contract, constituency-specific contract(s), Western University’s Code of Student Conduct and Affiliated University College Codes of Student Conduct, and/or the spirit and goals of the Orientation program.
Complaints can be submitted in three ways:
- Through an online form found here: https://westernusc.forms-db.com/view.php?id=179959,
- To report a complaint in person, complainants can request an appointment by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complaints may also be submitted through email to email@example.com. The complainant’s name, contact number and brief description of the concern must be included in the email.
For more information about how to submit a complaint, the investigation process, what possible infractions warrant a complaint, and/or how to submit an appeal, please read our Soph Behaviour Policy Management Policy.
Policies and procedures relating to the Peer Support Network, Peer Support Centre, and other student services operated by the USC. Example: Peer Support Network Usage Policy.
- Ally Western Constitution
- EnviroWestern Constitution
- Ethnocultural Support Service
- I Know Someone
- Services Review 2012
- Services Review 2009
- Women`s Issues Network (WIN)
- Services Policy – Standards of Service
- Services Policy – Governance Policy
- Services Policy – Selection Procedure
- Services Policy – Service Creation Procedure