Income Tax Clinic
The USC Income Tax Clinic is a free service offered to all undergraduate students at Western and is operated under the University Students’ Council. We offer this service in partnership with the Canada Revenue Agency.
The income tax clinic will be operational starting from March 14, 2016. Please click http://doodle.com/poll/n7b37uk8epm7z2az for appointment*, or drop-in with a first-come first-served basis. Please check the ITC Facebook account for more up-to-date information and inquiries. https://www.facebook.com/itcuwo/
*Each appointment can only be held for 5min.
|March 14 (9:30 am to 7:30 pm)||UCC Atrium|
|March 15 (9:30 am to 7:30 pm)||UCC Atrium|
|March 16 (9:30 am to 7:30 pm)||UCC Atrium|
|March 17 (9:30 am to 7:30 pm)||UCC Atrium|
|March 18 (9:30 am to 7:30 pm)||UCC Atrium|
|March 19 (10:00 am to 2:00 pm)||UCC Atrium|
WHO IS ELIGIBLE
- Undergraduate students
- SIN number not starting with 0.
- Income is less than $30,000 (individual), $40,000 (couple), $35,000 (single with children). Increase by $2,000 for each additional child.
- No rental income, foreign income, investment income, business income, employment expenses.
- Have not filed for bankruptcy.
WHAT DOCUMENTS TO BRING
- USB drive
- SIN card (if applicable, spouse’s and dependent’s SIN card)
- Valid government ID with photo
- A copy of 2015 income tax return and 2015 Notice of Assessment ( if applicable)
- 2014/15 Bus Pass
Slips (Most of these slips are available through the Canada Revenue Agency service. Not every slip applies to each person.)
- T4 salary and wages
- T4A pension
- T4A (P) Canada Pension Plan
- T4E employment insurance benefits
- T4RSP, T4RRIF registered retirement savings plan, registered retirement income fund income
- T2202 tuition fees and education amount
- RC62 Universal Child Care Benefit
- T778 child care expenses
- Medial expenses
- Charitable or political donations
- Rent receipts (address, landlord signature, period, rental cost) or proof of on-campus residence
- Records of moving expenses
- Details of spouse and dependent income
- Date of arrival to Canada and immigration status for new immigrant
- Proof of money transfer to dependents who are not residents
- Any other documentation that may pertain to income taxes
Income Tax Clinic Coordinator