Why Join a Club?
Joining a club opens up many opportunities and allows for a balance with between academic life and extra-curricular activities. With close to 200 clubs to choose from, there is something for everyone! The easiest way to get involved with a club is during Clubs Week, which takes place in September each year. Clubs Week showcases all of the clubs and provides students with the opportunity to learn more about the opportunities available with each club.
As a club member, you have the option to attend the clubs meetings and events. You will also have the opportunity to meet new people who share your interests, and become more involved in your Western community! The USC also offers great deals to Club Members, such as free binding with your next print order at Creative Services, 15% discount all day Monday at The Wave, $5 small combo Wednesdays at Western Film, 10% discount on purchases at The Purple Store, and more.
Club Executive Member
At this level, you are a member of the clubs executive team and help to organize and plan the different events and activities that occur within the club throughout the year. This is a great opportunity to meet new people, gain interpersonal skills and become deeply involved with the club. Executives are primarily selected at the end of the academic year, however many additional opportunities are also advertised during Clubs Week in September.
Your Clubs Committee
Associate VP, Clubs
I provide support and direction to the USC Clubs System, including Clubs Week, Club Town Halls, Clubs Appreciation, Clubs ratification and Clubs policy procedures.
Student Events Coordinator
I provide information and support to student organizations relating to event planning, risk management, and grants.
Student Organizations Advisor
I liaise with clubs, faculties, Deans, vendors and businesses when reviewing and processing event proposals.
Let's get started
Please note, the deadline to submit a ratification application this year is December 1st, 2020
Every year, the USC accepts applications for new clubs to be ratified as part of the clubs system. Ratified clubs experience a range of benefits as a result of their relationship with the USC, including access to Clubs Week, funding opportunities, insurance, administrative support, room bookings, and much more!
The deadline for new club applications is DECEMBER 1ST, 2020 at 11:59pm EST. Clubs will hear back about their application status by April 30, 2021, and will be allowed to start operations in September 2021.
Additional resources to help create a ratification application can be found on this page. The ‘Procedure for Ratification‘ outlines the steps to completing a successful application, as well as the criteria used by the Clubs Governance Board to make its ratification decisions. The ‘Clubs Constitution Guideline‘ also provides guidance for creating a club constitution.
Club Ratification Info Session
All USC Ratified clubs are required to follow Clubs Policy and other USC and UWO Polcies. It is important to have a good understanding of these policy documents as failure to comply can lead to clubs being sanctioned or de-ratified. Below you can find all Clubs Policy documents or read through the Clubs Handbook.
Please note: we’re working to update our governance policies, we appreciate your patience!
Check back soon for an updated version.
- Procedure for Ratification (Ratification Requirements, Applications, Decision Procedures and Appeals)
- Hearings and Sanctions Procedure (Violation Submissions, Complaint Hearings and Resolutions, Sanctions)
- Clubs Constitution Guideline
- Clubs Constitution Example
- Clubs Operating Policy (Club Privileges, Club Review Links, Conflict of Interest, Procedure to Remove Members)
- Clubs Constitutional Amendment Procedure
- Clubs Financial Procedures (Signing Authority, Membership Fees and Budgeting, Insurance, Account Freezes, Financial Assistance, Sponsorship, Contracts, Trademarks and Copyrighted Materials)
- Clubs Inventory Policy (Rules governing the posession of inventory by USC Ratified Clubs)
- Club Event planning and Risk Management procedure (Security, Event Proposals and Timelines, Travel, Food, Volunteering, Donations)
- Club Elections Policy (General Election Procedures, CRO, Voting)
- External Affiliation Acknowledgement Form
- USC Best Practice Policies (Controversial Events, Advertising, Food Regulations, Fundraising, Grants and Financial Assistance, Sales on Campus, Transportation, Sponsorship, Waivers and Emergency Contact Forms, Space Bookings on Campus, other relevant material for running your events)
- USC Space Usage Policies (Space Reservations, Audio/Visual Requests, Posters and Banners, Atrium Bookings)
- Campus Alcohol Policy (CAP)