The University Students’ Council is responsible for monitoring the posting of notices on UWO main campus poster boards. All posters must be approved, registered, and stamped.
ALL Notices must meet these criteria
University Student’s Council is responsible for monitoring the posting of notices on Western main campus poster boards. All posters must be approved and stamped. This service is available at USC Promotions – Print Production, Room 265, UCC, and provides 30 posters to be distributed across campus.
Criteria for Acceptable Posting
The USC follows the principles as laid out in the Western Board of Governors’ policies. Pursuant to these policies, USC Promotions has developed a set of guidelines defining the acceptable use of the Poster Patrol Stamp. Any policy inquiries should be directed to the USC Promotions Manager.
- Notices for the same event may not be posted closer than two (2) metres apart on the strips and no more than one (1) per board on notice boards.
- Boards are monitored and posters will be removed automatically upon expiry.
- No message likely to be deemed offensive by the campus community will be permitted. This decision is at the discretion of the Manager, USC Promotions, and Oversight Committee. No alcohol references (beer bottles, wine glasses, etc.), no tobacco and drug references, and no suggestive and inappropriate comments or messages.
- Notices must be posted only on the boards listed below and must not be affixed to or cover any other notice. Notices affixed onto pillars, concrete walls, hallway walls and other areas not designated to accommodate postings will be removed. This includes the practice of leaving handout flyers in areas throughout the UCC.
- Available boards will be reduced twice yearly for USC Election purposes for a three (3) week period during January and/or February. No posting of notices will be allowed on boards. Any existing notices removed from the election boards will be replaced following the election if the stamp has not expired.
- There are a number of glass display cases throughout the UCC Building. A maximum of five (5) posters per event will be placed in these cases. Specific poster locations will be based on a first come, first served basis.
- Campus poster boards and UCC display cases are monitored. Notices shall be posted as space becomes available. Priority is established on a “first come, first posted” basis for all boards.
- The proper procedures must be adhered to, and in the event that discrepancies are noted, the individual(s), clubs, fraternity, etc. will be notified and the posting privilege revoked.
- All postings must clearly identify department/student group/club, etc. This information should appear prominently.
- Non-English posters must have English translation for the event/date/location and group.
- Distribution and printing of all posters is handled by USC Promotions, and occurs every Tuesday and Thursday.
Any violation of these regulations will result in one or more of the following sanctions being applied:
- All notices will be removed from the campus.
- All privileges regarding posting of notices and use of University space may be withdrawn, or special conditions may be placed on future purchases of the poster stamp and/or distribution of posters.
- Trespassing charges may be laid by Western University.
We will only accept digital files in the following formats: PDF, high-resolution TIFF, JPEG, or PNG. Printing costs are in addition to weeks purchased.
Poster Stamp Fee Schedule
|Western Students/Departments,USC (2 weeks)||$14|
|Non-profit / Non-commercial (2 weeks)||$34|
|Commercial Rate (one week period)||$160|
|20 lb (standard)||70 lb (email request)||80 lb (email request)|
Location of Boards
|Social Science||By Map Library In Tunnel to UCC|
|Dental Building||By Room 1000|
|Natural Sciences||Outside Library By Rooms 9, 19, 24, 113|
|Biology / Geology||By Rooms 13, 22|
|Physics Building||Inside S/W Doors By Rooms 3, 138|
|Middlesex College||Lower Level Hallway By Room 27b|
|Talbot College||By Room 141|
|University College||Lower Level Hallway (x3)|
|Sommerville House||Main Hallway|
|Engineering||By Rooms 37, 41, 1074, 1082 In Student Lounge / Cafeteria|
|Labatt Health Sciences||By Tim Hortons|