As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, which has caused unprecedented challenges with the bus pass program, the USC has collaborated with the LTC and Western to allow for full time undergraduate students to “opt in”. If you need additional information regarding eligibility for the bus pass, please check the LTC Bus Pass FAQ page.
You will have the option to “opt in” to the bus pass for the winter term/second semester.
In order to qualify for the opt-in:
- You need to update your address to reflect your local London address by logging into student center and manually changing it. Double check that the change has been saved.
- You need to update your address by January 15th, 2021 in order to be reassessed the bus pass fee for the remainder of the year (January 18th – August 31st, 2021.
- If you opt in to the bus pass by following the instructions above, you will be reassessed the bus pass fee which is ⅔ of the current fee ($269.24) which is $179.49.
Unfortunately, as part of the contract with the LTC, we are not able to process any opt-outs of the bus pass fee.
In the meantime, students who do not have an active bus pass can purchase LTC bus tickets from the USC Info Source located on the main floor of the University Community Centre (UCC Building). This is a much more cost effective option as bus tickets are $2.25 per ticket when purchased in a strip of 5 for a total of $11.25 vs. $3.00 per ride if you are paying in cash on the bus.
We are listening and working to address students’ issues. If you have any additional questions, concerns, or feedback regarding the bus pass, please reach out to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Office of the Registrar will be reviewing students’ course format and home addresses after September 17, 2020. If you have a fully digital course load and that your home address is outside of London, the Bus Pass charge will be removed.
If you do not have any in-person classes, but plan to be in London, you can still access a USC-issued bus pass. Visit https://student.uwo.ca/ and update your Home Address to your current address in London.
The Winter Term deadline to change your address on Student Center is January 15th, 2021.
We are hearing students’ concerns and are working alongside the Registrar’s office to accommodate as many students as possible. In the coming weeks, we will be providing additional information regarding access to the bus pass.
Yes, students who have a fully digital course load, who plan to be in London, can ride the bus for $3.00 a ride or $82.00 unlimited for a month. For more information, visit http://www.londontransit.ca/fares-and-passes/fares/.
Yes, as of July 18th, face coverings are mandatory when taking transit and physical distancing will be encouraged where possible.
We are listening to your concerns and working to address them. If you have any more questions or concerns, please email email@example.com.
- August 31 – September 2 (12:00pm – 3:00pm)
- September 14 – 18 (9:00am – 5:00pm)
- September 24 onward (10:00am – 4:00pm)