Food Support Services (FSS) is a USC student-run food bank, located in UCC 258, dedicated to reducing food insecurity among Western University undergraduate students. FSS food bank volunteers are dedicated students who help students during food bank open hours, fill confidential food hamper requests for our locker service, and provide valuable feedback to the coordinator to improve the service. FSS could not help students without the support of our volunteers. Volunteering with FSS is a great opportunity to be involved with the USC, have a direct hand in helping others, and create meaningful impact during your time at Western.
- Communicate with FSS Volunteer Director and/or Coordinator to be scheduled each semester for a (minimum) 2 hour shift
- Arrive on time for your food bank shift (and communicate with FSS Volunteer Director and/or Coordinator if you will experience difficulty arriving at your shift)
- During your 2 hour (minimum) shift, manage the food bank
- Fill requested food hampers
- Help clients and answer any questions
- Organize food bank items by expiry date and shelve new donations
- Provide feedback to FSS Coordinator on the best ways to improve the food bank
- Minimum 2 hours/week commitment
- Attends mandatory training session in Late August
Contact: If you have any questions about the position, please contact Cecilia Liu, Student Programs Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications due: Monday, May 18th 2020. at 11:59pm
Please note that we will have a mandatory training date for all Food Support Services volunteers. The exact training date is to be determined but will take place late-August, and we will be communicating the training date to successful applications.
Please note: Only those deemed qualified will receive notification of an interview. The University Students’ Council of the University of Western Ontario is an equal opportunity employer. The University Students’ Council of the University of Western Ontario is an equal opportunity employer. The USC is committed to providing accommodations to those with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
|Job Category||USC, Volunteer|