Student Executive 2017/18
The Executive Council are charged with overseeing the affairs of the corporation, along with supervising the Coordinators and Commissioners that run the programs within their portfolios. Undergraduate students elect the Presidential Slate each February (President, Vice-President), Council elects Vice President Student Events each March, and the Secretary Treasurer and Communications Officer are hired positions. They all serve a 13 month term in office from May to the following June, with May acting as a transitional month for the incoming Executive.
Documents relating to the USC Executives
Executive Officers: Terms of Reference
- A description of the duties and responsibilities of the Executive Officers of the USC, outlining the limits of each respective portfolio.
- This policy is a guide on how to positively correct any misconduct of performance issues related to the work of the Executive Officers of the corporation. This Policy is the guiding policy for coaching, discipline, and termination decisions rendered in regards to the Executive Officers.
- This policy establishes a requirement for gaining approval to attend discretionary conferences, and also establishes reporting requirements for the Executive Council after they attend conferences and learning retreats, such as the annual Executive Research Trip.
- This procedure outlines the earning power of an Executive Officer, as well as the procedure by which salary adjustments may be made.
- This policy outlines the criteria that must be met in order to qualify as a position eligible for honoraria, the criteria that will determine the honorarium available for the position, and the guidelines for awarding and withholding honoraria. This policy should be read in tandem with the Interim and Final Reports Procedure.
- A guideline for the writing (format and style), submission (to whom), and approval (criteria and deadlines) of interim and final reports as submitted by Coordinators, Interns, Executives, and Gazette Front Office Staff. This policy should be read in tandem with the Honoraria Policy.