All USC Ratified clubs are required to follow Clubs Policy and other USC and UWO Polcies. It is important to have a good understanding of these policy documents as failure to comply can lead to clubs being sanctioned or de-ratified. Below you can find all Clubs Policy documents.
Clubs Committees Terms of References:
(Composition, Roles and Responsibilities)
Clubs Governance Committee (CGC) Terms of Reference: Download PDF version
Clubs Policy Review Committee (CPRC) Terms of Reference: Download PDF version
Clubs Executive Terms of Reference: Download PDF version
Clubs Support Committee (CSC) Terms of Reference: Download PDF version
Clubs Policy Documents:
Procedure for Ratification: Download PDF version
(Ratification Requirements, Applications, Decision Procedures and Appeals)
Hearings and Sanctions Procedure: Download PDF version
(Violation Submissions, Complaint Hearings and Resolutions, Sanctions)
Clubs Constitution Guideline: Download PDF version
Clubs Constitution Example: Download PDF version
Clubs Operating Policy: Download PDF version
(Club Privileges, Club Review Links, Conflict of Interest, Procedure to Remove Members)
Clubs Constitution Changes: Download PDF version
(General Amendment Procedures)
Clubs Financial Procedures: Download PDF version
(Signing Authority, Membership Fees and Budgeting, Insurance, Account Freezes, Financial Assistance, Sponsorship, Contracts, Trademarks and Copyrighted Materials)
Club Event planning and Risk Management procedure: Download PDF version
(Security, Event Proposals and Timelines, Travel, Food, Volunteering, Donations)
Club Elections: Download PDF version
(General Election Procedures, CRO, Voting)
External Affiliation Acknowledgment Form: Download PDF version
USC Best Practice Policies: Download PDF version
(Controversial Events, Advertising, Food Regulations, Fundraising, Grants and Financial Assistance, Sales on Campus, Transporation, Sponsorship, Waivers and Emergency Contact Forms, Space Bookings on Campus, other relevant material for running your events)
USC Space Usage Policies: Download PDF version
(Space Reservations, Audio/Visual Requests, Posters and Banners, Atrium Bookings)
Campus Alcohol Policy:
Campus Alcohol Policy (CAP): Download PDF version
Please read the 2016/17 Clubs Finance Manual. While this manual is mainly geared towards the Vice-President Finance of your club, it is useful for all club executives to understand how to be fiscally responsible and aware of the resources provided by the USC.
Understanding these concepts will ensure that your club remains in good financial standing, while providing the highest level of value to your members. This manual provides a comprehensive guide covering the topics of:
• Budgeting: How to create a year-long budget for your club
• Financial Review: How to prepare for the annual financial review of clubs
• Financing: How to apply for sponsorship, grants, and fundraising
• USC Procedures: Protocols that describe how to pay for purchases and deposit club funds
Throughout this manual, there are helpful tips provided by the Clubs Finance Coordinator (CFC*Tip).
Should you have any further questions that are not answered in this manual, do not hesitate to contact
the USC VP Finance or Clubs Finance Coordinator.
Please download the Budget Template document (XLSX). Refer to the below image and checklist for help.
Budget Review Checklist:
- Is the budget appropriately split into three main parts (Revenues, Expenses, Bottom Line)?
- Are all calculated values of the budget correct?
- Is Sensitivity accounted for in the Revenue section (i.e. High-Low projections)?
- Does the Insurance cost appear in the Expenses section ($1.50/member)?
- Is Contingency recorded in the Expenses section (5-15% of total revenue)?
- Is Carryover listed as both revenue (i.e. carryover from last fiscal year) and an expense (i.e. carryover to next fiscal year)?
- Are explanations provided for Revenue and Expense entries when appropriate?
- Is the Bottom Line slightly positive?
USC Secretary Treasurer
340 UCC Building
USC Clubs Finance Coordinator
318 UCC Building