Current Western University undergraduate students (individuals or groups) are invited to submit a proposal to support an event, project or initiative taking place in 2017 related to Canada’s 150th. The University Students’ Council has been provided with a maximum of $2500 to fund all successful projects.
Proposals will be evaluated based on:
• Connections back to the priorities as outlined in Achieving Excellence on the World Stage, Western’s strategic plan:
– Raising Our Expectations:
Create a world-class research and scholarship culture
– Leading in Learning:
Provide Canada’s best education for tomorrow’s global leaders
– Reaching Beyond Campus:
Engage alumni, community, institutional and international partners
– Taking Charge of Our Destiny:
Generate and invest new resources in support of excellence
• Ties to Canada’s past, present and/or future
• Student involvement
• Engagement with those living in London and surrounding communities
Proposals must be submitted via the USC’s website by November 15th, 2016.
Proposals will be evaluated by USC’s Canada 150 Committee. Those with successful submissions will be notified by December 1, 2016 and all funded initiatives will be featured on Western’s Canada 150 website. Questions can be directed by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.